How to Remove Telegram from an Android Phone
You can uninstall Telegram from an Android phone in three ways: through the app manager, via the home screen icon, or with the help of third-party programs. Let’s explore which method is best and whether it’s worth downloading additional utilities. Using the operating system settings is easy for users to understand; removing the app by pressing and holding the app icon takes 3-4 seconds, but is less intuitive; CCleaner requires installation, but besides removing Telegram, it can also clear the phone’s cache and speed up the device. In this article, we will take a detailed look at each method for how to uninstall Telegram with screenshots and explanations and will help you decide on the optimal choice.
Don’t delay removing unused applications from your phone. Free up internal memory so that the device has sufficient space for your favorite photos, video clips, and podcasts.
Uninstalling via the Phone Settings
If you have previously uninstalled applications from your smartphone via the Android OS Settings, removing Telegram is no different. If so, save yourself some time and scroll down to the section describing how CCleaner works. Otherwise, it’s time to familiarize yourself with the app manager: follow the suggestions below carefully, and deleting the messenger will pose no problems even for novice users.
1. Click on the gear icon to open the OS settings.
2. Select Applications and Permissions.
3. Click on the App manager link.
4. Scroll down the app manager screen until you reach the line saying Telegram.
By default, apps are sorted alphabetically, so the messenger will appear at the end of the list. If you want to sort the programs by their size, click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the screen and select the menu item Sort by size.
5. Tap on the line saying Telegram next to the paper airplane icon.
6. Click on the blue Uninstall link on the top right side of the screen.
7. In the window that appears, click OK to confirm the uninstall.
8. Wait for the application to uninstall.
You can similarly uninstall Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, and any other applications you no longer use.
Removing Telegram via the App’s Icon
Uninstalling via the app’s icon on the home screen is simpler than removing Telegram through the app manager. In contrast to using the CCleaner utility, this method doesn’t require you to install any additional apps on your phone or tablet.
- Press the Telegram messenger icon on the home screen.
- Select the first item, Uninstall, from the contextual menu that appears.
- Follow the blue Uninstall link in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
CCleaner – a Phone Cleaner for the Android OS
To speed up the loading of photos and videos, apps cache your data and create temporary files on your phone. Gradually, the phone’s memory becomes “clogged,” there is no longer enough space for installing new apps, and the device begins to lag.
To speed up the Android OS, we recommend clearing the cache and deleting temporary files and empty app folders before uninstalling Telegram. If you reverse the order of these steps and uninstall the messenger first, CCleaner won’t be able to clear the junk files left over from Telegram.
How to Clear the Phone’s Cache
Clearing the visible and advertisement cache and removing empty folders, files downloaded from the Internet, and temporary app files will free up internal memory and speed up the function of the Android OS.
1. On the main CCleaner screen, tap on the blue round button labeled QUICK CLEAN.
2. Leave the items Visible cache, Advertisement cache, and Empty folders checked off.
3. In the lists under App data and Downloads, check off the items that need to be removed, such as WhatsApp Sent Video.
4. Press the blue FINISH CLEANING button at the bottom of the screen.
5. Click PROCEED and CLEAR to confirm the removal of unnecessary files.
How to Remove Telegram Using the CCleaner Utility
If the CCleaner program isn’t already installed on your phone, download the official 2022 version of the app from the Google Play Store. The free version of the program is sufficient for uninstalling apps and clearing the cache.
1. Open the CCleaner menu in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
2. Under the heading STORAGE, select Apps.
3. In the list of apps, find Telegram and place a checkmark along the right side of the screen.
CCleaner sorts apps by their usage of the phone’s internal memory. To change the display order, click on the blue icon above the list and sort the programs, for instance, by name or by the time of last use.
4. Tap on the trash can icon on the bottom right.
5. In the window that appears, press DELETE.
6. Click OK to confirm the uninstall.
7. Rate the CCleaner program to help the developers.
8. The utility will inform you that the messenger has been successfully uninstalled.